May 20, 2013
Options Leaders Discuss Industry-Shaping Innovations
CHICAGO, IL -- May 20, 2013 - The Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) and Barron's will broadcast a free, live webcast of a co-hosted symposium featuring key options industry figures discussing the 40th anniversary of CBOE and the U.S. options industry. The 90-minute webcast, broadcast live from CBOE, will begin at 4 p.m. CT on Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
The panel discussion, moderated by Barron's Editor and President, Edwin Finn, features options industry leaders, market users and authors who have made significant contributions to the growth and development of the options industry:
- William Brodsky, Chairman and CEO, CBOE
- Buzz Gregory, Equity Derivatives Strategist, Goldman Sachs
- Lawrence McMillan, Founder, TheOptionStrategiest.com and President, McMillan Analysis
- Thomas Peterffy, Chairman and CEO, Interactive Brokers
- Myron Scholes, Nobel Laureate, Professor of Finance, Emeritus, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Steven Sears, Author and Barron's columnist
The "40, 30, 20" panel discussion will highlight three major milestones in CBOE's history:
- 40th anniversary of the creation of CBOE and the U.S. options industry in 1973
- 30th anniversary of index options trading in 1983
- 20th anniversary of the creation of the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) in 1993
Panelists will discuss how these innovations shaped today's options markets and what the future may hold for the industry in the next 40 years.
To view the webcast, go to http://www.cboeoptionshub.com/2013/05/20/403020/.
CBOE, the largest U.S. options exchange and creator of listed options, continues to set the bar for options and volatility trading through product innovation, trading technology and investor education. CBOE offers equity, index and ETF options, including proprietary products, such as S&P 500 options (SPX), the most active U.S. index option, and options and futures on the CBOE Volatility Index (the VIX Index). Other products engineered by CBOE include equity options, security index options, LEAPS options, FLEX options, and benchmark products such as the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index (BXM). CBOE is home to the world-renowned Options Institute and www.cboe.com, the go-to place for options and volatility trading resources. CBOE is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), with all trades cleared by the OCC.
CBOE®, Chicago Board Options Exchange®, Flexible Exchange®, FLEX®, LEAPS®, CBOE Volatility Index® and VIX® are registered trademarks, and BuyWriteSM, BXMSM, COPSSM, SPXSM, and The Options Institute are service marks of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated (CBOE). Standard & Poor's®, S&P® and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services, LLC and have been licensed for use by CBOE. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.